Where to file your issue if it regards:
- TaxonWorks the software - issue tracker hereopen in new window
- TaxonWorks Docs (these pages) - issue tracker is hereopen in new window
- TaxonWorks API - issue tracker is hereopen in new window
Considerations when reporting a bug or adding a feature request
Before you open an issue:
- Check to see that the issue is indeed new by carefully reviewing the existing issues.
While filing your issue:
- Use a issue template if available, this categorizes your insights into more actionable items for those seeking to address it
- Tell a story! Give us enough background so that we can replicate exactly what you did.
- Include a success criterion. How do we know we've succeeded in addressing the issues without contacting you again?
- Err on providing more, rather than less information.
- Provide a meaningful title that identifies your role, and what you seek to accomplish, e.g.
As an X I need Y to do Z
Some other conventions:
- If you have the permissions, categorize your issue using a label.
- Use the prefix "Task -" in the name to indicate the request for a new or improved task.