Start a project
Before you start a project it is important to understand:
- TaxonWorks is open-source software that can be installed by anyone who wishes to.
- There is no one central TaxonWorks installation.
- One installation (sometimes referred to as "an instance") of TaxonWorks supports the creation of many projects.
- Organizations or individuals who collaborate with you by sharing their installation of TaxonWorks are doing this on their own terms. These terms may vary.
Finding a collaborating provider
The following is a list of organizations or individuals with TaxonWorks installations.
If you wish to be added to this list contact us or make a pull request.
|Provider||Contact||Shares sandbox?||Accepting collaborators?|
|Species File Groupopen in new window||Deborah Paul||yes||yes|
New projects in sandboxes
Manging your own instance of TaxonWorks
Running your own server
At present see the install_taxonworks repositoryopen in new window.
Is possible to use TaxonWorks locally, for example developers have active instances they work with.
- Offline use is not officially suported at the moment, however the core developers are open to discussing making this happen.
- Offline TaxonWorks runs slower than online, however if you are serious about making it work the developers can work with you to tune your setup.
- Besides the various means of import and export there are no direct syncronization methods from offline to online projects.